Thursday, May 7, 2009

30 What?!


The big 3-0 is a weird one! Yes, I am behind on this post. Maybe it's a subconscious thing? jk Sam and I both turned 30 4 days apart in April and it is very strange, needless to say. We both had great birthdays though with lots of friends around. It kind of was the endless birthday that lasted weeks with people being so thoughtful and friendly offering to babysit so we could go out and people wanting to celebrate with us. Thank you to all our good friends who knew this was a doosey and who went out of their way to make us treats and to make it special for us. It actually really helped me get over the anxiety of such a monumental birthday because I had things to look forward to with friends and people who were so thoughtful. 30 though! 30! What! Where did our 20's go Sam and I ask??? I am definietely still in denial on this one. I know 30 is not 50 but it's still getting up there and it forces you to think about life differently. I'm not saying I want to or that I'm now qualified to. I'm just saying it forces you to. And frankly, I'd rather not but I suppose we do have to grow up someday, dang it. Life is strange and when you turn 30 you are reminded of this fact once again. Good luck to all of you out there who are around the corner....

8 comments:

Travis and Britni said...

Wow. Congratulations. I had no idea it was your birthday. If it makes you feel any better, you definitely don't look anywhere near 30. I'm glad it was fun for you guys though.

Kirsten said...

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. :)

Jeppesen Family said...

Happy Birthday you oldies! haha jk Glad you guys enjoyed your special day!

Siri said...

30 does sound scary! I hear that when the gray hair starts. JK. Glad you had a little fun on such a dreaded day!

Krissy said...

Ow ow! Look at those hot 30 year olds! 30 is the new 20!

The Showalters said...

Happy Birthday! I did it last year and I was really weirded out. Looks like you had fun!

Criscell said...

Happy Birthday, Kim! No one would EVER guess you turned 30. You are so beautiful!

Richard Warner said...

You both look terrific and we can't wait to see you in person when we come down for Sam's Graduation next month--

Congratulations on your beautiful family and all you've accomplished with your time in Glendale.

DAD
warner-time.blogspot.com