Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We've been busy....

These are final moments, as a little tear falls from my cheek. Why you say?
Why are we taking pictures of the back of our 12 year old car and that 2 year old car you ask?
Why again are we taking pictures of our 1996 Honda Passport and that beautiful 2007 Honda Pilot you ask?
Oh, because we are about to drive that beautiful Honda Pilot off this lot right now because we just bought it!!!
This is our new ride. It has 18, 000 miles, a roomy 3rd row, leather seats, and a navigation. Most important it is safe and it was a great deal. A steal according to several people who apparently know their stuff.
We love it and it is a great car for a multiplying family but it keeps us out of a mini van. Can't argue with that ;)

The blanket in the front is covering up the portable DVD player Sam got on Black Friday for our ride to Utah and other long rides but heck it has been nice even to and from the grocery store. I highly recommend.

I loved my passport and looking at the photos above is making me sad. We traded it in and I miss it. I drove that car for 10 years and it incurred lot's of memories, few miles for it's age, and it never let me down. I never had to fix anything unnecessary. I loved that car and Sam could not understand my hesitation in parting with it. Of course there were some things that looking back now I am happy I am no longer dealing with but those are few and whoever is in the price range of owning that car will be a happy camper.

10 comments:

Kim said...

I was wondering whose car that was parked in your parking spot! SWEET! A new honda pilot (i'm sooo jelous of your guys right now)! That is totally my dream car to have (instead of a mini-van).
I LOVE you two 'crafty' projects! They are SO CUTE! I might have to steal one of your ideas:-)
Also...we have some sad news:-( We're moving this weekend to another apartment...we're no longer going to be your neighbors. We LOVED having you as our neighbors, and we're so sad to be leaving our apt. for a smaller version (we're moving to 1027 in bldg.#7). I will still glady watch Easton whenever you need a babysitter (even if its last minute)!

Kim said...

Sorry...I can't spell! So many errors...whoops!

Kirsten said...

1. I can't get over your dark hair---I LOVE IT!

2. I can't get over the fact that you bought a new car. I'm so jealous. When we were looking we wanted a pilot, but then I feel like I settled on my rogue, oh well. :)

3. That picture of Eebies kissing himself in the mirror cracks me up.

4. That rocking horse your parents got him is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!

5. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you in a week. :)

Jodi Nelson said...

Nice ride! I likes, i likes!!! Wow, 10 years??!! It was time for an upgrade, but I totally understand all of the memories associated with a vehicle. I never knew a honda pilot had an extra row. That's sweet!

The Showalters said...

I remember when you bought the Passport! Soooo long ago, we are getting old aren't we? I need your mailing address. Will you send it to me please?

The Richards Family said...

Love your new car. Ok so when i saw your old passport, it brought back so many great memories. And then i remembered that night when you and Sam were on your "break" and we put barricades on his lawn and in the Kappa bathroom. That was such a fun night!!

Krissy said...

Nice ride! What a fun early Christmas present!!! I got your card today and it was so darling! Thank you and have a great Christmas!

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

I'm so glad everything worked out with the car, I'm so excited for you! We'll have to get Tienna and Easton together soon now that we're home.

Jeppesen Family said...

I'm so jealous! I really want a pilot. I was wondering where your passport was when we came to visit. I'm so glad we got to see you guys! Wish it could have been longer, too. You guys have to come stay with us in Cali!

Michelle Gifford said...

Whew! Nice car! We too were shopping on Black Friday and bought our camera then. It is a Canon Rebel XS. I have talked to a lot of photography people who swear by Canons. It was definitely an investment, but I love it!