Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yep, it's me



So... I have been wanting to go dark for a while now. I knew if I ever went dark I would go really dark. No highlights, no light brown. It was just a thought for a long time until I went to a salon to get my tired blonde hair conditioned. It was badly damaged after all the years of highlighting and the stylist said it would be much healthier if I went dark. I missed shinny hair and with my fast growing hair was tired of the constant regrowth. My hair has gotten rather dark over the years. So, I asked to see some dark swatches just to look at them. There were so many to choose from but I thought one was really pretty and told her to just go ahead and do it today. No one knew I was going to dye my hair dark, including me! I liked it right away, even when it was wet but it still takes some getting used to. Sometimes it might look like I'm wearing a wig or that I dyed it myself maybe but I like the change and am glad I was impulsive. Several people have told me over the years not to go dark, including Sam but he really likes it. He said he likes having a new brunette for a wife.

Be honest and tell me what you think. You will not hurt my feelings, I promise. Blonde or brunette???

14 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Super sexy, I love it! A great change.

Susan said...

The dark hair is awesome! It makes your eyes pop. :) Love it!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Kim,
WOW!!! I love your eyes with dark hair. You look super HOT!

The Showalters said...

It looks great! In fact....I did the same thing last week! I really needed a change. It does take some getting used to though, doesn't it? I keep looking in the mirror and thinking: "Who is that girl?"

Kim said...

You seriously can pull off either look (blonde or brunette)! You look GREAT as a brunette! Your eyes totally stand out in that first picture...so pretty:-) Way to be impulsive!

Jodi Nelson said...

You look good however you are! I love the dark. I think change is always nice.

MJJarman said...

Ooooh sexy! I love it.

Ho said...

Kimmy! You sexy beast! It looks great! Makes me want to do the same thing....

Kirsten said...

wowzers...look at that sexy momma! I think you can definitely pull off either hair color, but I LOVE the dark for a change. It makes your eyes look bright blue--gorgeous!

Pulver Palooza said...

I love the dark! good choice.

Rachelle & Matt said...

I love it! your eye look SO blue. I say good change. I actually just collored my hair about the same color....good choice!

Rachelle & Matt said...

did you like all my typo's? it should be "eye's not eye" and "colored" not "collored"

Criscell said...

You look beautiful--as always! I like the dark.

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

WAHOO!! I am searching blogs tonight and found your dark hair...I LOOOOOVE it!!! You look fantastic! Miss you! XOXO