Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The dairy farm-Again, long overdue







My mother was a very helpful, excited grandmother. Lucky for us, Easton has been and was especially in those first weeks, a very good baby. My mother kept saying, "I have never seen a better baby in my life." With that said my mom was not needed in the way we thought she would be as far as caring for a newborn but she was sooo helpful in helping Sam and I adjust by keeping the house running. She helped with the meals, dishes, laundry, cleaning, organizing and whatever was needed. My mom has always been one to help no matter what. No matter if her hip or knee or other body part is clearly hurting her. She has always been there for me. Thank you mom! I am so grateful to you. You are a great mother and I am so excited for Easton to have you as his grandmother.

It was really fun to have Tiffani here who helped me with the whole breast-feeding thing and new baby do's and dont's. We spent our nights relaxing with our feet in the hot tub chatting and relating. Mostly the days were crazy. Easton was only a few days old when she arrived with Gracyn only 3 1/2 months. Two breast-feeding woman in one little apartment. Sam liked to call it The Dairy Farm. We didn't get much done other than feeding and changing the little ones but we still had a good time. I have never felt closer to my sister and I love her so much. I am so excited to share motherhood with her.

0 comments: