Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mexican Stowaway!

Sam took his VERY LAST final on Monday and I told him I'd pick him up for lunch. Little did he know I was kidnapping him and driving him to MEXICO! He noticed some blankets in the backseat (that were covering our bags) and asked if we were going on a picnic. I had packed a lunch so we wouldn't have to stop so for 20 minutes he thought we were on our way to a park for a picnic. Finally he asked, "Where are we going?" "Actually, we are on our way to Mexico". Now, Sam is not the most spontaneous person so he was not exactly thrilled about the idea until a minute or so later he said, "I'm getting excited. It'll be fun." I know, I know...he's strange. This vacation will go down in history from the kidnapping, *to me locking the keys in the car, *to forgetting Easton's bag with all his clothes, to E's first time seeing the beautiful ocean, to the gorgeous ocean sunset, to the amazing resort we had practically to ourselves, to spending quality time together as a family. We had so much fun and will be returning again this spring if anyone wants to join.
*I locked the keys in the car at an American Chevron (thank goodness) where the cashier masterfully broke into our car (I was very grateful for his speedy, suspicious break-in skills). *Being a surprise I was the sole person planning this trip to a foreign country and I had to pack E and my stuff the night before which meant I had to hide the bags all over the house. Easton's bag ended up in a very good hiding spot-too good apparently-behind the lazyboy. Luckily, he was wearing shorts and we had a washer and dryer in our room.

11 comments:

Susan said...

You are a way cool wife to plan a secret mexican getaway! We've LOVED all our Rocky Point trips - such a fun place and not too far away.

Kade and Kaylee said...

I love the pictures! I'm glad to see the beach is nice! When we were talking about Mexico before I was thinking the beaches in Rocky Point might be a little sketchy but it looks awesome! We definitely have to go in the spring all together! Thanks again for the B-day present!! I used it last night and loved it!!

Jodi Nelson said...

Ok... love the pix, love your trip idea for your hubby, and just everything about it!! How awesome is that?! How far away is this place from where you live? And how cool that it is close enough to drive there.

Criscell said...

What a sweetheart you are!! That is so awesome that you planned all that for Sam. He is one lucky guy! The pictures are great! I still have never been to Mexico yet.

Unknown said...

Good Job Sam!!! And Kim, I don't know what Sam ever did to deserve such a cool wife or such a cute little son. I am excited to see his Halloween costume. Oh and by the way, it's a good thing you have such a cool blog because it takes like an hour to upload.

Peck Family said...

we want to come !!!! How fun!

Krissy said...

You are my new hero Kim! We want to come next time!

Pulver Palooza said...

How fun! good job on the planning kim. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Kirsten said...

I love it! I wish I had been in on that plan. :( You gave me a chuckle when you were talking about the chevron worker with his masterful break-in skills. Too funny. Miss you like crazy.

Jeppesen Family said...

you're so cool! I want to do that some time. I'm really impressed you got it all together by your self with Easton, well almost since you forgot his bags :)

The Robinsons said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish i could just pack up and drive to Mexico! I miss you guys!