Sunday, October 12, 2008

6th Year Wedding Anniversary and Az State Fair

We spent the day at the Az state fair when I found out that the opening day was only $1! And it was well worth the pennies cause it was really fun. They had a really cool petting zoo where we spent all of our time. This 10/10 also happened to be our 6th year wedding anniversary. Sam had a surprise planned for the evening and Leah, our friend in pharmacy school, offered to babysit cause she loves to play with Easton. We left at 5 where Sam drove us to the Botanical Gardens for a concert under the stars with a live blues band-Big Pete Pearson. He was an excellent blues singer with fun songs, it was a beautiful night, the food was delicious, and the trees were lit with christmas lights to set the mood. Sam and I even danced to the music in the backgound. I loved that Sam planned the night and that it was so unique and romantic even. He wrote me a nice card and surprised me again with a pink turquoise necklace we saw a few months ago that I loved but decided not to buy. He went back and bought it without me knowing and I wore it all night. It was a great night and a nice way to celebrate a great life with Sam.

6 comments:

Redd family said...

Happy Anniversary! That sounds like a very cool date....I'm jealous. And I want to see your new necklace. We still need to get together sometime, it's weird how my weeks fly by with Jack's schedule, but now that it's cooling down (hopefully) maybe we can walk to a park or something.

Kim said...

Happy 6th Anniversary! It sounds like you two had a BLAST! Sam definitely gets some brownie points for coming up with a romantic evening. Tell him to give a few tips over to Ryan, for me:-) And I LOVE the pictures from the fair! I bet Audrey would love to see all of those animals.

Criscell said...

Happy Anniversary you two! You make a darling couple. What a fun, romantic date! Sam did great. I can't believe you got into the fair for only $1!! Wish I would have known...

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Sam, nice job on the surprise necklace and jazz concert! Happy 6 you guys. You guys are such a great couple! (ps -it's katie)

Kirsten said...

hee hee...I was in on that little pink turquoise secret. :) What a sweet hubby you have. I miss you guys already.

Pulver Palooza said...

Good job Sam! could you give Greg some pointers please.