Friday, April 18, 2008

Five Month Update

Easton is getting much better with his hands. He can reach for things with one hand and hold and maneuver his toys well.
A few days after Easton turned 5 months I thought we should practice sitting up since Easton was still not very good at it. Well, that day Easton sat up completely on his own for about 10 seconds the first time and about one minute when I showed Sam the second time. He's about 5 1/2 months now and sitting really well on his own. I love that I can put his toys in front of him and he can sit while I do things next to him.
Oppsy.
Easton is creeping a lot. (Army style crawling). He loves to be on his tummy so he can move, even if it is backwards or sideways at times. He has been getting on all fours with his butt in the air but he hasn't figured out how to move from there. He will not stay on his back long so he rolls over a lot to get to his tummy. Putting a diaper on this kid is like putting a diaper on a wild animal. He tries to roll over so I'm holding his feet and the upper half of his body is on his tummy. Putting a diaper on from the back is not easy. I have been putting him in bed with me in the mornings sometimes. It's the best sleeping with him in my arms or right next to him. He is so tired after he eats in the morning and he sleeps really well with me or with both of us. His thighs are ticklish and he laughs out loud when tickled. That is a sound that will never tire. He is saying oh and ah and da. He's a cute one.

4 comments:

Morgan, Lindsay, Max and London said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by! Soon he's going to be CRAWLING!

MJJarman said...

These kids are growing up so fast! I can't believe mine's almost here as well. Life just moves too quick sometimes, especially when so many things are changing for everyone. You know if you get sick of the heat down there in Arizona feel free to come to Oregon and cool off!

Kirsten said...

I love the mid-fall action shot. he is for SURE a cute one!

Mike and Mindy said...

Hey Kim and Sam! Ohhh...look how cute he is! I can't believe how beautiful he is...high five to you guys for real!

As for dropping a feeding...Kim, you just have to pick one in the middle (like if he gets up at 3am) and come in, hug him get his binki and put him back down. Don't get him out and feed him. He will cry a bit, but it only took 2 nights of crying for about 15 minutes until he fell asleep through that feeding. If you can stand it...do it. You may have to turn off the monitor during that time or you will be stressed while he cries.