Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Such a good week!-Long overdue post






The next few posts are long overdue. Back when I was not as into the whole blogging thing and when I was still "recovering" from delivering Easton Sam and I had some great visitors that I failed to mention and would like to revisit.

Wow! Kirsten came to visit me-let me rephrase-Kirsten came to see Easton, and I was lucky enough to get to see her too since Easton and I share a residence. I had such a good time and did not want the week to end. Sam had returned to school by this time, and although I was not lonely yet or needing someone with me due to that fact, it was so great to have my good ol' friend to myself. No Tim (no offense Timmy), no job, no other friends or family to take her away from me :) I got to spend every waking minute with her. Kirsten 24/7. I'm already trying to get her to return. We spent our time relaxing, mostly in our beloved p.j.'s. Easton was only 3 weeks old so I really wasn't quite back to normal yet and relaxing was ideal. We did get our butts moving at times sweating to Power 90 and shopping. Shopping is the lazy mans exercise and since Christmas was around the corner we did some of that exercise too. My favorite part was just sittin around chatting or watching movies together. We were both crying throughout The Family Stone. I love that movie and Kirsten seemed "to get it". I tried watching it with Sam only a week later and he "did not get it". He did not get the sentimental inuendos and failed to enjoy the thing. I really missed Kirsten after that. Kirsten and I are on the same page. Anyway, we had fun playing games and she taught me a few recipes I was happily able to repeat after she left. And it was very fun to see her with Easton. She nicknamed him V-Rap for when he shreaks this little cry that truly sounds like a velosciraptor. He even does the little hand like movements. Needless to say, it was such a good week! Love ya Kirst

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

Okay so I'm in tears right now! You're are the sweetest friend EVER! :) I seriously can't wait to come back (with or without Timmy). It was such a nice and relaxing week and I learned a lot about motherhood from you. You are such a graceful example to me, and I only hope I can be half the mom you are to Easton (whenever that might be). Love you. (OH and give Easty a kiss for me)

Kirsten said...

Oh I almost forgot to tell you. As soon as I got home, I purchased "The Family Stone" and I've watched it a few times since then, but it's not the same without you. :( I can't wait to see you in a week or so for Easton's blessing----eeeeeeeeeee (that was me squealing with joy and excitement). :)

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Kim - so are you now into the whole blogging thing? A baby makes it easier, huh! So, we are FINALLY back in AZ! We need to hang out asap! So, I noticed a pic of Easton on your blog in his "delivered" onesie. I LOVE those - Lance has an "adored" and "diapered" one - we definitely have to take some pic's of them with those onesies. Also, Easton is getting so big! He looks huge compared to last time we saw him - I guess that is what 6 weeks will do! Can't wait to hang out with you guys!

The Richards Family said...

Kim, Where on earth did you get those name blocks from (on the shelf in his nursery)? They are so cute. In fact, the whole thing is cute! I am so excited for you. Yes they do grow up fast, but everyday you will say "ok this is my favorite stage" it just gets better and better!

The Richards Family said...

Ok miss, you have quite the talent because I would never have thought those were home made! Great job. You have inspired me though!

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

Easton is such a cutie and is getting so big so fast! Let me know when you go out walking .... Tienna loves walks more than just about anything.

Pulver Palooza said...

You have had a lot go on but oh so fun! Hey and to answer your ? for the kkg site...ask Jessica Miller. I am not sure how she told us to do it. I don't remember.