Friday, April 3, 2009

Yes, you are seeing what you think you are seeing...my face inside a giraffes mouth!!! On the safari we were able to feed the giraffe their treats however we liked. Our guide told us we could feed them with our teeth and the giraffe would give us a kiss. Sick! was my first thought but then I thought, "How many times will I have a chance like this?" So I went for it. It was surprisingly not that slobbery and his tongue was rough like a cats.
My brother decided to do it too.
Here is what I got up close and personal with. Yummy
All the animals came right up to us. It was really cool!
This is what a giraffe has to do to bend down to eat at the ground. Poor fellas
The ostriches came right up to us as well and kept coming to the back of the bus. Our driver almost reversed right into one because it wasn't moving even though we would have hit it. She said its the only animal there that wouldn't move out of our way and would let us hit it. It got so close I could see it's really long eye lashes.
This was Sam's favorite because of the beautiful butterfly marking on its face.



This is the Tiger Splash. The Tigers play with the balls and toys and jump for them into the pool.
This tiger jumped for the toy over this guys back! Twice!
This girl was swimming with the tiger on his back. Just floating with him as he dragged her along.
This is right before the tiger got some serious air as he went for the toy and landed in the water!

They did this same thing with two brown bear cubs who they said the day before had attacked one of the trainers while doing a show.

4 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

fun fun! we saw that as something to do when we were going to go visit down there. looks nice and warm too... it's snowy here. miss you!!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

I really want to go there. Maybe I will have to talk to Sean. I don't think that I will kiss the giraffe. You are way more brave!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Looks like fun. We went to a place similar to that in Florida. It is cool to get up close to the animals.

Criscell said...

That looks SO fun!! My dad would love that (he adores tigers). Where is it? Was it pretty expensive? I'll have to get the details from you sometime...